Greetings from Shalizaar Restaurant!
To do our part during this time of social distancing, we have closed our dining room, but added delivery services! For a flat fee of $15.00 within a 10 mile radius, we can deliver your favorite Persian cuisine in under 2 hours when ordered before the following times: 12:00pm, 2:00pm, 4:00 pm, and 6:00 pm!
Place your order by calling us at 650-596-9000!
Welcome to Shalizaar, a rare and undoubtedly the best Persian restaurant in the Bay Area. We have served the most delectable authentic Persian cuisine for over 23 years now, and we are loved unconditionally by our customers. Over 70,000 people visited Shalizaar last year. Shalizaar has a long list of loyal customers that have visited us for almost as long as we have been in business. In fact, we have people who once came here as babies and now drive their own cars to our restaurant.
Norooz, which means ” New Day” is not only the beginning of New Year in the Solar Calendar, but also celebrate “Bahar” or Spring. The celebration lasts twelve days, but preparation begin about two months before.
Truly Unique Dining Experience
What makes us such a huge favorite among the food lovers of San Mateo, Belmont and the rest of Bay Area? Our delicious cuisine, an enviable collection of the finest wine; the warm, friendly and deferential service; the classy, elegant and bright ambience? While all of these things are true, they are only the beginning.
WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT SHALIZAAR
The food is really great, the starter plate of bread, cheese, walnut and herbs is such a good idea, the environment looks very nice and the service was good.Aba E.San Francisco, CA
Excellent food excellent service proposed to my girlfriend here on Mother's Day and they made it just perfect thank you to the shalizaar team you made it happen!!Jonathan B. San Jose, CA
Shalizar is our inly destination every time we are going to a concert in Cupertino, they are the best. The food was great as always and we LOVED it!Sara S.Novato, CA
Best Persian restaurant in the area, fair prices, high quality and authentic Persian dishes. There is a stove at the end of restaurant where they cook bread and serve it fresh.Ali M.Sunnyvale, CA
I strongly suggest shislik which is lamp chops and rice plate. Family friendly and warm place to eat and have a good time. I'm sure that i will come back again.Guler Y.San Francisco, CA
There are so many things to love about Shalizaar
- We are a family owned and operated restaurant, and we treat every guest like family. You are welcome with your family and kids.
- We bake our bread right within the restaurant, so you get the freshest, most scrumptious bread in town.
- We use the freshest seasonal and locally sourced ingredients to bring you the healthiest, most delicious recipes. We ground our own meat in-house. You only get the best food here.
- Our bar has the best wine. In fact, we are one of the very few restaurants to have received the Award of Excellence given out by the prestigious wine magazine Wine Spectator, for 5 years in a row. If you look closely, we are the only Persian restaurant to feature in Wine Spectator, while other cuisines feature 20-30 restaurants each.
- Recommended by Michelin, which is a company that recognizes the best restaurants from around the world.
- KQED highly recommended Shalizaar on the program “Check Please,” with all three guests unanimously in favor.
- We have had the honor of catering at Narsai David’s fundraising event held at Ritz Carlton, twice, in 2009 as well as 2012. Narsai David is a highly reputed author, television personality and one of the most respected food critics in the Bay Area.
- We have state of the art digital menu apps designed by Bridge Consulting, that allow you to view images of the food and read more about it in up to 3 different languages prior to ordering.
- Accountability is very high and one of the owners is always in-house to hear anything a customer may have to say. Also, we have a great banquet hall with a 180-person capacity, for all events and functions.